Sr. Field Applications Engineer (FAE)-China
The Sr. Field Applications Engineer (FAE) is responsible for supporting area sales offices and associated field sales personnel in closing major design wins at select/strategic customers. The FAE owns the technical contacts for customers within the region. The FAE will work closely with distributors, customers, and cross functional teams to ensure the project's success. The FAE is charged with assessing risk factors to on-time product release, creating plans to address short-falls, and providing options and recommendations. The FAE will effectively manage technical details, timelines, and milestones on a customer by customer basis.
In addition, the FAE will work closely and cohesively with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering staff to ensure efficient and timely project deliverables to customers; track project resources, schedules, and issues; proactively work with customer development and manufacturing teams to ensure projects adhere to schedules and resolve issues; demonstrate an ability to execute projects in a timely manner, with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Provide the customer with necessary technical and product information to allow them to design-in appropriate Akustica products.
- Work closely with distributor support staff to understand technical challenges and proactively support customer design activities.
- Review customer schematics, layout, and acoustic design.
- Act as key technical liaison between the customer and the engineering organization at selected customer accounts.
- Act as focal point for problem resolution.
- Quickly identifying problems and implementing solutions to minimize program impact.
- Assist in the low level technical definition process by providing customer feedback to product management.
- Act as lead for communicating technical direction and customer feedback to Akustica marketing, product development and technical teams.
- BS in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent, with more than 5 years product development or strong technical sales experience.
- Knowledge of PC's, PC-based systems, and consumer handheld devices.
- Computer telephony and/or voice processing.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, with the ability to work in and foster a teamwork environment, and promote cross-functional teamwork.
- Excellent understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes (front end through final test).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with ability to translate technical concepts into language that a business contact can understand.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin in both speaking and writing is essential.
- Good command of the MS Office environment.
- Travel is required.
The company will create a compelling compensation package to attract a high caliber candidate. The position should be viewed as an opportunity to be an early member of the core team building a world-class company.
To apply for this position, please send us an email with a cover letter, salary requirements, references and resume to [email protected]