The Applications Engineer (AE) is responsible for providing technical support for field engineers and customers directly. The AE will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure the project's success. The AE is charged with designing/maintaining evaluation board hardware and software tools. The AE will effectively manage technical details, timelines, and milestones on a customer by customer basis.
In addition, the AE will work closely and cohesively with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering staff to ensure efficient and timely project deliverables to customers; track project resources, schedules, and issues; proactively work with customer development and manufacturing teams to ensure projects adhere to schedules and resolve issues; demonstrate an ability to execute projects in a timely manner, with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Design evaluation hardware
- Support customer pre-sales activities and design cycle activities, troubleshoot customer system design issues and provide solutions
- Assist design engineering in verification testing and issue resolution
- Quickly identify problems and implementing solutions to minimize program impact
- Characterize and document device performance
- Perform system audio performance and regulatory testing
- Drive development of a complete library of technical documentation (datasheets, application notes, design guides, installation guides, etc)
- Provide technical training for customers, distribution support staff, and new hires
- BS in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent, with more than 5 years product development or strong technical sales experience.
- Knowledge of PC's, PC-based systems, and consumer handheld devices.
- Computer telephony and/or voice processing.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, with the ability to work in and foster a teamwork environment, and promote cross-functional teamwork.
- Familiarity with schematic capture, PCB layout techniques and component selection for low cost, high-volume applications is required.
- Strong analog and mixed-signal debugging skills are required.
- Excellent understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes (front end through final test).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with ability to translate technical concepts into language that a business contact can understand.
- Good command of the MS Office environment.
- Some domestic and international travel in support of customer activities
The company will create a compelling compensation package to attract a high caliber candidate. The position should be viewed as an opportunity to be an early member of the core team building a world-class company.
To apply for this position, please send us an email with a cover letter, salary requirements, references and resume to [email protected]