The Quality Engineer is responsible for the day to day support of supplier and customer quality issues in a dynamic MEMS microcircuit manufacturing environment. This position is the first line in the resolution of customer and supplier related manufacturing yield, performance, and quality improvement issues. The ideal candidate will be organized with a great sense for details, can communicate effectively in both oral and written formats, and works well in a team in an ever changing environment.
- Day-to-day performance of internal and supplier audits
- Management and follow-up of SCAR, CAR, PACR, and RMA issues
- Support internal ECN and external PCN reporting
- Coordinate with reliability department for failure analysis, qualification, and quality assurance testing
- Prepare reports, specifications, and ISO compliant documents
- Perform incoming optical inspection of wafers, PCBs and PCB subassemblies
- Reporting of audits and test results via verbal and written formats
- At least 4 years of direct experience high tech micro component manufacturing
- Relevant 4 yr college degree with Customer or Supplier Quality Engineering experience
- Experience with ISO9000, TS16949 or equivalent quality management systems
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing clean room protocol
- Familiarity with the operation of visual inspection tools i.e. binocular and stereo zoom microscope, verniers, computer based metrology tools
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective use of Microsoft Office presentation tools - Word, Power Point, and Excel. JMP statistical software. Outlook
- Ability to work independent of management, yet within a team environment of constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work on multiple quality improvement projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel on short notice, domestic and international
- Direct manufacturing experience in MEMS, CMOS IC, PCB and/or PCB Assembly.
- ASQ Quality Certification, CQE, CQT, CQA, Green Belt, Black Belt.
- Previous experience in microcircuit assembly and/or failure analysis
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment such as multi-meters and oscilloscopes
- Familiarity with optical surface profile software like Zygo, Wyco, and Optical Flats
- Familiarity with optical measuring gauges such as optical verniers, OGP and Nikon Smart scopes is desirable
- Familiarity with Shop Floor Control software
The company will create a compelling compensation package to attract a high caliber candidate. The position should be viewed as an opportunity to be an early member of the core team building a world-class company.
To apply for this position, please send us an email with a cover letter, salary requirements, references and resume to [email protected]