The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing next generation MEMS packaging technology for reliable, low cost solutions that have a high degree of manufacturability within a large volume process. This position will also assist in the sustaining engineering function for current packaging technology.
This qualified candidate will partner with cross functional engineering teams and a diverse supply base to develop processes and materials for packaging of leading edge acoustic MEMS devices.
Good package design, fundamental materials knowledge, and failure analysis capabilities a must. Good supplier management and sustaining engineering skills a plus.
Reporting Structure: Direct to Package Development Manager
- Working with a team to translate next generation product needs into manufacturable low cost designs
- Working with vendors and other team members to identify and support high yielding processes for current package technology
- Owning development for cost reduction and performance improvement
- Keeping current with existing and emerging patent and industry literature
- Working with a high volume manufacturing team to perform successful technology transfer and to support new designs
- Experience in package design and development including a strong understanding of the relationship between materials and package performance (experience in MEMS packaging a plus)
- Experience in the design and manufacture of multi-layer organic substrate and circuit boards. Familiarity and operational ability on industry standard design platforms (P-CAD, AutoCAD, Synopsys, SolidWorks) a plus
- Familiarity with current high volume IC/MEMS assembly processes (die attach, flip chip, wafer saw, wire bond, direct chip attach, surface mount, package singulation, etc.)
- Proven track record of development and selection of materials for assembly and for improved performance of IC/MEMS devices
- Experience in failure analysis methodology required
- BS in Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering; higher degrees preferred
- 5-7 years relevant experience in package design and development; MEMS packaging experience a plus
- Proven track record of package design and development leadership (from concept to implementation)
- Ability to work in a team environment under tight deadlines and high pressure situations consistent with a start-up environment an absolute must
The company will create a compelling compensation package to attract a high caliber candidate. The position should be viewed as an opportunity to be an early member of the core team building a world-class company.
To apply for this position, please send us an email with a cover letter, salary requirements, references and resume to [email protected]