Product Development Manager
The Product Development Manager (PDM) is the champion of Akustica’s Microphone development activities and will work closely with vendors, customers, and cross functional teams to ensure the project's success. The PDM is charged with assessing risk factors to on-time product release, creating plans to address short-falls, and providing options and recommendations. The PDM will effectively manage technical details, timelines, and milestones and provide leadership for team members on a product by product basis. This individual should demonstrate the ability to execute product launches with attention to detail and follow-through. The PDM must be capable of developing creative solutions to issues that may jeopardize project goals or timing.
In addition, the PDM will work closely and cohesively with Marketing, Engineering, and Operations staff to ensure efficient and timely project deliverables to customers; track project resources, schedules, and issues; proactively work with development and manufacturing teams to ensure projects adhere to schedules and resolve issues; generate project reports and develop appropriate conclusions based upon results to assist applications, manufacturing, and test through the project lifecycle; demonstrate an ability to execute projects in a timely manner, with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Managing release to production from design completion through manufacturing transfer.
- Developing, executing, and managing program schedules that meet both Akustica and customer expectations.
- Quickly identifying problems and implementing solutions to minimize program impact.
- Leading development meetings and presenting regular program reviews with Senior Management.
- Assuring new products meet Akustica and customer quality and reliability requirements.
- Assuring new products meet or better targeted cost and yield requirements
- Understanding customer requirements and translating them into tangible action plans.
- BSEE with 5+ years of semiconductor and/or MEMS experience (design, product engineering, test engineering, etc.).
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, time and program management skills.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of Program Management and Product Development Lifecycle.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, capable of interfacing within all levels of the organization; proficient language skills, written and oral.
- Ability to prosper in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, able to feel comfortable and remain calm in the face of rapid change and aggressive deadlines.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, with the ability to work in and foster a teamwork environment, and promote cross-functional teamwork.
- Excellent understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes (front end through final test).
The company will create a compelling compensation package to attract a high caliber candidate. The position should be viewed as an opportunity to be an early member of the core team building a world-class company.
To apply for this position, please send us an email with a cover letter, salary requirements, references and resume to [email protected]