Manager of Test Engineering
The Manager of Test Engineering will be responsible for leading the Akustica Test Engineering group to achieve test time targets, through put requirements and reporting progress against goals.
The Akustica Test Engineering group will develop and maintain customized test hardware and software to test all CMOS MEMS-based products in wafer-form, die-form, and packaged device form in conjunction with the Acoustics Engineering team . Solutions for production will be optimized for speed as well as accuracy. Solutions for reliability/quality/general design characterization will be optimized for accuracy. The group is also tasked with achieving test time targets based on financial analysis, throughput requirements, technology limitations, etc.
Manager level responsibilities include:
- Managing direct reports to incorporate improvements on the final acoustic test handler, wafer-level acoustic test and manual acoustic test solutions to improve throughput, reduce test time.
- Transferring of test hardware solutions to offshore facilities including execution to a qualification plan. Supporting team members may require training on correlation methods and conducting gauge studies.
- Providing test training to support organizations as part of technology transfer. Work with acoustic engineering for site design/optimization for noise management on test solutions.
- Consulting and participating in development of product release procedures and definition of stages in product maturity, material review functions (MRB), change action functions (ECNs, PCNs).
Relevant Skills :
- Experience managing product and test engineers on mixed-signal and analog product lines. Must demonstrate ability to understand MEMS product backend test flow, auditing methods and quality levels.
- Familiarity with basic CMOS fabrication technology.
- Familiarity with basic CMOS circuit functionality.
- Familiarity with basics of microphone operation.
- Experience using statistical analysis software packages to evaluate repeatability.
- BS in Electrical Engineering; higher degrees preferred.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in product development, product test and/or product engineering; MEMS test experience a plus.
- Proven track record on yield management, yield improvement, test technology transfer and team leadership.
- Ability to work in a team environment under tight deadlines and high pressure situations consistent with a start-up environment an absolute must.
The company will create a compelling compensation package to attract a high caliber candidate. The position should be viewed as an opportunity to be an early member of the core team building a world-class company.
To apply for this position, please send us an email with a cover letter, salary requirements, references and resume to [email protected]