Field Application Engineer
The FAE will be the primary technical and applications support contact for the assigned territory. The main responsibility of the FAE is to work closely with potential customers on a technical level to secure proprietary design-ins across a range of customers and applications in each market. The FAE will report directly to the Vice President of Sales. The position will require significant and regular travel to customers, reps, and distributors in the United States, Europe and Asia. Location for this position is in Pittsburgh, PA.
Reporting Structure: Direct to VP of Sales
- BS Engineering, BSEE is preferred
- 7 to 10 years of audio circuit design experience
- 3-5 years experience supporting customers
The ideal candidate will be able to:
Identify and capitalize on opportunities
- Identify, develop, and secure new proprietary design-in opportunities within targeted accounts
- Deliver technical presentations and workshops and effectively present technical features and benefits of our products to OEMs, users, suppliers, etc.
- Make regular sales calls to develop long-term relationships and follow up on leads
Ensure excellent audio system technical support to customers through documentation library and/or direct consultation.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Understand the customer’s applications and end products and recommend solutions; assist them with external component selection, board layout, and audio mechanical design
- Build and/or modify demo boards for customers
- Quickly and effectively troubleshoot audio circuits
- Drive development of a complete library of technical documentation; technical data sheets, application notes, design guides, installation guides, etc.
Help define and direct new product development
- Keep abreast of rapidly changing competition and market forces and communicate that information within Akustica
- Provide regular feedback to new product definition and direction
In addition, the candidate should have knowledge of CODEC interface and audio software, be a self-motivated, self-reliant, team player that is able to take direction and effectively multi-task and have excellent customer relations and communications as well as developed presentation and sales skills.
The company will create a compelling compensation package to attract a high caliber candidate. The position should be viewed as an opportunity to be an early member of the core team building a world-class company.
To apply for this position, please send us an email with a cover letter, salary requirements, references and resume to [email protected]